Friday, July 6, 2012

26 1/2 weeks


How far along? 26.5 Weeks

Getting bigger each week!  Crazy how much a baby grows in just 9 months!


Total weight gain:  Dr. says 12 lbs.  I didn’t get to see my normal dr. Dr. Wilson, but I did see a sweet lady at his practice who told me that I shouldn’t restrict myself on food. (little does she know I am SO not restricting what I eat right now!) She says I haven’t gained that much weight but she isn’t concerned, just letting me know that she believes if I am really craving something it probably has something I need and it’s ok to eat it.  Oh it would be so great to eat a blizzard and pizza everyday…but alas I don’t think that’s what she meant ;)
Maternity clothes? 
Lovin them.  I went home for the 4th of July and packed a few of J’s t-shirts (that used to be loose on me) to wear for pjs or just to be comfy and when I got their and put them on they were quite snug. 

Stretch marks?  So far  so good

Sleep:  Haha it’s comical!  You should SEE me!  I have pillows everywhere and I look like the princess and the Pea.  This is the hardest thing for me at this point.  I haven’t been sleeping well.  I wake up many times throughout the night (around every half hour to hour) to move and get comfortable and I also am making more frequent bathroom visits.  My back pain is also waking me up and I will generally be awake for a few hours here and there.  This week I’ve woken up around 2 or 3am every night and been awake for an hour to an hour and a half.  I was also going to bed later since I was visiting family and waking up early because my back hurt so bad there was no point to stay in bed.  The good thing about waking up at 6 or 7 was enjoying my newest niece Lucy at her happiest and seeing all of my other nieces and nephews come in slowly as they woke up.  I guess I’m just preparing for all of my sleepless nights and early mornings that will be here before I know it.                                                                                    

Best moment this week:  Going down to SV (my hometown) and spending time with my entire family!!!  The 4th of July is right up there next to Christmas in my family.  We have family traditions ALL day long and it is just an absolute favorite of mine.  To me there is NOTHING better in the entire world than being with family.  It was also fun to think that our next fourth of July J and I will be snuggling under the fireworks with our own little firecracker! 

Runner up moment: My LAST day of work.  J is fantastic and told me he would support me taking off the last trimester so that I could relax, prepare for baby, go through all of my teaching supplies, etc.  And with my unique situation we just don’t know how everything is going to go with this pregnancy so we want to be careful.  My job was getting much more challenging, wrestling with kids during circle time, bending over to pick up toys all day, running after escapies (who are surprisingly fast), and it goes on and on was really beginning to take its toll on me.  So I had my last day and now I am a free woman enjoying a little relaxation and time with family and friends before I jump into cleaning and organizing. 

Miss Anything?   I miss sleeping comfortably and no back pain. 

Movement:  Lots of movement and I sure love it! Some movements are so jerky that they startle me and some movements are right on my bladder or in places that are a little uncomfortable.  It is amazing and I just love it.  Of course our little Baby D doesn’t do it on command which drives this mama nuts!  I want to share the movement with my family and closest friends…oh well ;)

Food cravings:  Still nothing crazy that I’ve thought, “Oh I have to have that!!” But while at my parents they had stuff for homemade hogi sandwiches, with the YUMMY rolls and fresh deli meat and cheese…oh my, it was SO good!  It was the yummiest and just totally hit the SPOT!  I haven’t been eating much deli meat because I hear that it isn’t good for pregnant women, so this was a real TREAT! 

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Still great in this dept!

Gender:  B O Y! 

Labor Signs: I do think I have a few Braxton hicks here and there but they aren’t painful.  I always wondered what they were like and it’s such a blessing to experience this for myself.  On our way home from SV I was having some lower abdominal pain that really scared me but it went away so I think we are good.  It is just hard since I don’t know what is normal, every little thing makes me a little nervous. 

Symptoms:  Back pain, lots of trips to the bathroom, restless legs, stupid heartburn and this may be TMI but this week I’ve also found little spots on my shirt where I leaked just about dime size or smaller…what the HECK!  I was totally unprepared for this.  I didn’t think this happened until the baby was HERE!  And of course…through the roof excitement!

Belly Button in or out? Still in even with 3 or 4 layers of clothing you can see exactly where it is.  It is ridiculous!                                                                                                                                                      

Wedding rings on or off?  On and shining for the whole world!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Hmm…this week has been a little of both!  I think this last week had a few more emotions that normal.  I’m quite proud of myself for how well I’ve done so far emotionally but this last week has been a bit more of an emotional roller coaster for me.  Thankfully I made it through and I know this week will be better! I am so happy and excited but sometimes when the waterworks come it is just overwhelming.  Thank heavens again for a loving and supportive husband!  I couldn’t do this without him! 

Not looking forward to: more trips to the bathroom and possibly more leaks.  On the way home from SV (it is a 3 hour drive) I had to stop TWICE to pee…SERIOUSLY?  I still have 3 months left and I’m already peeing every  hour or hour and a half.  Craziness I tell you!

(newly added) Name for the little guy? We have started a list but are not making much progress on adding to it or narrowing it down.  I try to talk about it with Justin but he is in no rush and he isn’t contributing many or any ideas.  So I guess I’ll keep searching and praying about the perfect name for our baby D!

(newly added) To do list:  
·        * pick a pediatrician
·         *talk to my doctor about my labor and delivery (what if my amazing Dr. isn’t there to deliver my baby?  Will the on call Dr. fully understand my body/situation and help me to have this baby naturally or without a C Section as long as it is safe?  I trust my dr. completely but there is a chance that he may not be able to be there when I deliver – so I want to know what I’m getting into and what support I’ll have) 
·         *Decorate the nursery
·         *Tour the hospital
·         *Take a breastfeeding class
·         *Write my birthing plan
·         *Keep practicing breathing exercises
·         *Go on a baby moon (a vacation before baby comes)
·        * Pack my hospital bag (I know I still have some time but it will need to be done eventually)
·        * Pick a name or at least narrow it down to a few
·         *Find a coming home outfit for baby
·         *Find a photographer for maternity photos and newborn pictures

Misc.:  This week I had a fantastic doctor’s appointment.  I love love love going in and getting the scoop on everything!  I was a little bummed that it wasn’t my doctor but I really liked the lady I saw.  She told me not to restrict myself on what I eat (when does anyone EVER tell me that?  NEVER, so I was thrilled!) She said my blood work looks great, even better than last time, no anemia or diabetes or group B strep so that is all fantastic news!  She measured my tummy which I’ve seen on TV but never had done yet so that was also fun.  She also listened to the heart beat and little Baby D was wiggling all over the place which we FELT and SAW and Heard very loudly on the doppler.  We both just laughed!                                                                                                                                        I also asked her if the doctors in the practice cut the stomach muscles or moved them during a C Section (this is something we talked about in my birthing class so I just wanted to be sure they don’t cut them) and she said they move them, which is what I wanted to hear!  She says not many doctors cut the muscles these days.  So all in all, I am having a healthy and BORING pregnancy which is exactly what any mother wants!  YAY!  

No comments:

Post a Comment