Monday, July 16, 2012

28.5 weeks


July 15, 2012

How far along? 28.5

Total weight gain:  I think about 15 lbs but it just depends on the time of day I weigh myself.  I also went on vacation and didn’t “restrict what I ate” as much as I maybe should have ;)


Maternity clothes?   They are great, but while on our trip I needed to wear long pants and I didn’t have any.  So I grabbed 2 pairs of my pre pregnancy jeans and did the rubber band trick and they worked PERFECTLY.  It was great! Who knew I could still wear some pre maternity clothes!  It was very nice.  Also just went yesterday and bought some new  underwear.  Yep it was time!  And I may or may not have gotten them a little larger than needed but oh are they comfy!

Stretch marks?  Still doing ok here…but the veins in my tummy are showing up more.  It’s kinda crazy looking.

Sleep:  Oh precious sleep.  I have had one or 2 great nights in the last 2 weeks where I didn’t pee for like 5 hours, it was amazing!  It was painful when I woke up but so worth it!  On vacation our bed was pretty small and hard so sleep was a little more challenging, and I didn’t have my pregnancy body pillows (poor J had to put up with me rolling and moaning all night) but we made it!  My legs have also been really tingly, so there have been a few nights I’ve needed to take Tylenol PM.  I hate taking any meds while pregnant but these were life savers!!    After coming home though, I have a whole new appreciation for my wonderful bed and all of my pillows.  J and I say I am the pillow princess.   I’m so grateful J is putting up with me.  I also ask J to help me sit up a lot as it is getting more and more difficult, I also just like to have him help me cause I think it is super sweet and sexy!  Thanks J!

Best moment this week:  There is a tie here!  1st: Going on vacation with our best friends to San Francisco, Monterey, and Yosemite.  It was phenominal and I will never forget it.  It was SO much fun and I made so many memories!  Our friends Angie and Jeff drove us in their new car and their baby Elsie was perfect, I mean PERFECT! 

2nd: My dear friend Carmen from work asked me a month ago for one Saturday in July that I could spend with her.  July was pretty booked but I found one Saturday that I was free.  She told me she wanted to spend the entire day with me, shopping, swimming, she would make me brunch etc.  She has already spoiled me so much too, she has given my 3 new baby outfits (the only new baby clothes I have so far) and she is always SO excited for me!  Well I show up at her home and SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!  Carmen had thrown a surprise baby shower for me.  And not only did 2 or 3 ladies from work came, but TEN!  Lousie, Brittany, Meaghan, Marie, Mariah, Leah, Karen, Danielle, Jenny, and Carmen.  I felt so SO LOVED and spoiled.  I am still in awe that all of these ladies gave up an entire Saturday morning (9:30-12) to celebrate with me.                                                                   

We played games: nursery rhyme game, measuring my belly – Louise and Marie were closest, don’t say baby (everyone wore a pin and if you said baby someone would take your pin; I of course lost my pin first), and guess the baby picture game – everyone brought their baby picture and we had to guess who was who – I loved it!                                                                                                            
Carmen made TONS of food.  There was drinks, 2 kinds of mini sandwiches, chips, dip, strawberries with a glaze, cheese, and a GORGEOUS and adorable cake that tasted delicious that Danielles daughter Marissa made with them.  They all got me amazing gifts and I just felt SO loved!  I don’t know how I got so lucky!  I am so so very grateful and I don’t think those girls will ever know just how much it meant to me!  This baby is sure going to be loved!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Miss Anything?   It doesn’t really matter to me.  I don’t want to dwell on this question because it doesn’t matter to me.  All that matters is that it is all going to be SO worth it!  Anything I miss will be back to normal soon enough and then I will miss being pregnant and having the baby with me every second.  I love feeling the movement and dreaming about what our son will be like.  Nope don’t miss a thing!                                                                                                       

Movement:  Lots of it.  It continues to get stronger and higher.  It is right up by my ribs now and sometimes it is down very low.  He is all over the place!  Love it and can’t get enough!                                                                                             

Food cravings:    Hmmm…while on vacation I wanted  a French dip sandwich, breakfast foods (waffles, French toast, pancakes etc), and I had the BEST bread bowl from Boudin’s on the Pier in San Francisco with clam chowder. DELISH!  But still haven't had one of those moments where I am really CRAVING something...hope I do experience that though!

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Occasionally I just get a random little wave of nausea for no reason at all.  It’s no big deal, just weird.  Also got a little car sick on our drive, but just for a few minutes driving on some windy roads out of Yosemite.  Totally normal! 

Gender:  BoY!


Labor Signs: Nope
 
Symptoms:  back pain (got a little rough on vacation once or twice, but J is UNBELIEVABLE and had rubbed my sore back more in the last month than throughout our entire marriage.  He’s the best!), heartburn, restless tingly legs, lots of trips to the bathroom,

Belly Button in or out?  Very much in                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Wedding rings on or off?  On and I can’t believe how much I love it. Looking at it always brings a smile to my face!

Happy or Moody most of the time:  The last 2 weeks I’ve been on cloud 9.  Fouth of July with the best family ever!  Fireworks, Lots of time with loved ones AND the HUBBY!!  And an AMAZING vacation with my hubby taking a FULL week off from work.  Heavenly!  San Francisco was perfect, it was so great to escape the Phx heat and spend time with our best friends the Barneys!  Then a surprise shower, a beautiful home, a brilliant hubby, working cars, and most of all a caring and loving and patient husband and a healthy pregnancy!  What more do I need? 

Not looking forward to: All of the cleaning and organizing I MUST do.  I have a love/hate relationship with getting rid of stuff and I have a lot of school stuff I have got to do something with!

To do list: 
·         pick a pediatrician
·         talk to my doctor about my labor and delivery (what if my amazing Dr. isn’t there to deliver my baby?  Will the on call Dr. fully understand my body/situation and help me to have this baby naturally or without a C Section as long as it is safe?  I trust my dr. completely but there is a chance that he may not be able to be there when I deliver – so I want to know what I’m getting into and what support I’ll have) 
·         Decorate the nursery
·         Tour the hospital
·         Take a breastfeeding class
·         Write my birthing plan
·         Keep practicing breathing exercises
·         Go on a baby moon (a vacation before baby comes)
·         Pack my hospital bag (I know I still have some time but it will need to be done eventually)
·         Pick a name or at least narrow it down to a few
·         Find a coming home outfit for baby
·         Find a photographer for maternity photos and newborn pictures
·         Wash all of the baby laundry
·         Buy a video camera

Misc.:  I’m just getting so excited to meet this little man.  It is crazy to think that he is right here, inside me, a little human that’s a piece of me and a piece of the man I love more than anything.  I love feeling everything and feel so beyond blessed for the opportunity to experience this.  I love this little boy so much and want to do all I can to keep him healthy and safe!  I want to meet him, see what he will look like and what his personality is like.  What traits of J’s will he have?  I hope he looks just like him!  I hope he has his calm and loving personality … oh it is all just so exciting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment