Sunday, September 23, 2012

38 weeks


September 23, 2012

How far along? 38 weeks
I never thought I'd be the one with the baby bump.  I love it very very much and am so thankful I've had this experience!

Total weight gain: about 19 lbs
Maternity clothes?  yep
Stretch marks? A few around my belly button, not bad at all
Sleep: Sleep?  What’s that? 
Best moment this week:  My date with J. I love spending time with him more than ANYTHING in this world!  He also told me that he knows that going back to work after the baby comes is going to be particularly difficult for him because he is just going to want to be with us.  It made me cry to hear him say that!  I wish we could keep him around too!  But we will go visit him if we have to!  He’s going to be an amazing Daddy!
Miss Anything?   Sleep – and to be more specific, sleeping on my STOMACH!  But I know I am going to miss this belly and the movement so much. I am just trying to enjoy every last bit of it!
Movement:
  He’s a mover and a groover! It is fun to watch and sometimes uncomfortable.  You can see big lumps and bumps move all across my belly.  It is CrAzY cool!  Sometimes there is a bump that sticks out on my right side and I think it is a foot. 
Food cravings:  My sister Merri fed me the most delicious apple pie last week – I finally had some and man did it hit the spot!  Otherwise I’ve been really wanting pizza like I did in the beginning of my pregnancy and I want cookies and all the other junk food.  I still haven’t had a craving that I just had to have, but these are a few of the foods that just sound yummy to me.  So often NOTHING sounds good at all until I see J or someone else eating and then I want what they have!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nothing specific.  I just get nauseous after eating anything. 
Gender:  Boy
Labor Signs:  Still having Braxton hicks contractions, but nothing regular or painful.  I think he must like it in there because I don’t think he’s coming out on his own.  The doctor said at my Tuesday appointment that he is still up high and needs to come down.  At next weeks appointment we will discuss options if he hasn’t come on his own.  OH PLEASE Baby D come on your own!  I don’t want to be induced! 
My niece and nephew Ryan and Rylee have both talked to Baby D and me and J as well.  I tell him that he can choose to come on his own or I can have someone help him come out, but either way he’s coming and it would be much easier if he came on his own. (As a preschool teacher we always like to give children choices, so I’m trying to give Baby D his choices while emphasizing that coming on his own is the BEST most desirable option!)
Belly Button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  SO happy and excited, but also starting to get a little emotional with all of these feelings and unknowns.  I’m also tired a lot from lack of sleep and that doesn’t always help.  Thank HEAVENS for a patient and loving husband.  J says I’ve been moody, but we’ve had a CRAZY week.  There has been someone at our house every evening and J and I didn’t get to spend much time together and that was rough for both of us.  Sorry J!
Looking forward to: MEETING OUR BABY!  A few weeks back it was ALL I could think about. I was obsessed with wondering when our little man would come.  But now I’ve come to realize that he may not want to come on his own so I am trying very hard to occupy myself so I don’t think about it non stop. 
Also looking forward to having the nursery finished so that I can have our house back to normal!
I also can’t wait to tell J and my family  that I think I’m in labor or it’s time to go to the hospital.  I am dying to make that call to my sister Merri to say ok, lets go!  Or to wake J up in the middle of the night and say grab the bag, it’s time!
To do list: 
·         pick a pediatrician
·         talk to my doctor about my labor and delivery (what if my amazing Dr. isn’t there to deliver my baby?  Will the on call Dr. fully understand my body/situation and help me to have this baby naturally or without a C Section as long as it is safe?  I trust my dr. completely but there is a chance that he may not be able to be there when I deliver – so I want to know what I’m getting into and what support I’ll have) 
·         Decorate the nursery (working on it with the help of a friend)
·         Tour the hospital (set up the tour for Sept 15)
·         Take a breastfeeding class
·         Write my birthing plan (Decided with all of the unknown things going on with my pregnancy we are just going to go with the flow. No plan needed.)
·         Keep practicing breathing exercises (working on it)
·         Go on a baby moon (a vacation before baby comes)
·         Pack my hospital bag (I have packed as much as I can)
·         Pick a name or at least narrow it down to a few
·         Find a coming home outfit for baby
·         Find a photographer for maternity photos and newborn pictures
·         Wash all of the baby laundry
·         Buy a video camera
·         Buy a car seat, crib mattress, crib bedding, diaper bag,
·         Clean the house – good! (this is a constant battle! I work on something daily but then kids come over or family and friends and things are quickly dirty again!  I’m trying! J)
·         Buy all of the baby items we need that we didn’t get from the shower
·         Finish the nursery (this is a bit out of my control since we hired a friend to help us decorate, but I really hope it is done before we come home with baby D!!!)

Misc.:  We watched Father of the Bride 2 this week and What to expect when you’re expecting to help us get in the spirit!  We got the car seat installed and also went on a great date to the movies to see The Bourne Legacy.  It was lots of fun to have that time with J before our little addition joins us. 

It’s been crazy at our house this last week.  My friend Christy has been over almost every day working on painting the nursery and we still aren’t done.  YIKES!  I’m starting to panic that it won’t be done by the time the baby arrives.  I just really want to come home to a clean house!  

I have a lot of fun looking at my belly too.  Since I was little I would pretend to be pregnant and stick out my tummy or put something in my shirt.  Now it is for REAL and very surreal.  I'm really going to miss having Baby D with me all the time.  I just can't wait to hold him in my arms.  WHEN ARE YOU COMING BABY??

No comments:

Post a Comment