Sunday, September 23, 2012

37 weeks


How far along? 37 1/2 weeks IM FULL TERM BABY!!

Total weight gain: about 19 lbs
Maternity clothes?  yep
Stretch marks? A few around my belly button, not bad at all
Sleep: It’s entertaining.  Every night as J is going to sleep he asks me, “So what do you have going on tonight?” I sleep a little, wake up to go to the bathroom, go out to the couch, come back to the recliner, have a snack, watch some Netflix, and then repeat
Best moment this week:  I’m trying to soak it all in because I know too soon it will be gone.  My very favorite thing is just spending time with Justin talking about it all and watching the baby move inside my tummy.  I love seeing J get so excited. 
Miss Anything?   Being able to flip over in bed comfortably
Movement:
  He likes to move it move it! I will always cherish watching my belly move with Justin.  He will make comments that just make me smile!  i.e. “you’re gonna be a soccer player, yes you are!” or “WOW! What are you DOING in there?” J has even commented how neat it is that I get to feel the baby move inside me, and I agree.  I know I am so blessed to experience this and I don’t want to take a second for granted!  It is such a miracle!
Food cravings:  Pie has sounded so yummy but I haven’t given in yet!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  My tummy is often queasy, nothing really changes that.
Gender:  Boy
Labor Signs:  Some contractions, nothing regular or painful – just uncomfortable sometimes, dilated to 2 by 2 (each cervical opening is 2 cm so Dr. W says I’m at a 4)  He also said the baby is very high still so he needs to drop.  He stripped my membranes and nothing happened so I guess baby D is supposed to keep cooking for now.
Belly Button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy mixed with anxiety.  I have cried twice in the last 24 hours for silly little things that I don’t think I would normally cry at, it is funny but ridiculous.  But all part of the experience!
Looking forward to: decorating the nursery with my friend Christi this week and my next Dr. appointment
To do list: 
·         pick a pediatrician
·         talk to my doctor about my labor and delivery (what if my amazing Dr. isn’t there to deliver my baby?  Will the on call Dr. fully understand my body/situation and help me to have this baby naturally or without a C Section as long as it is safe?  I trust my dr. completely but there is a chance that he may not be able to be there when I deliver – so I want to know what I’m getting into and what support I’ll have) 
·         Decorate the nursery (working on it with the help of a friend)
·         Tour the hospital (set up the tour for Sept 15)
·         Take a breastfeeding class
·         Write my birthing plan (Decided with all of the unknown things going on with my pregnancy we are just going to go with the flow. No plan needed.)
·         Keep practicing breathing exercises (working on it)
·         Go on a baby moon (a vacation before baby comes)
·         Pack my hospital bag (I have packed as much as I can)
·         Pick a name or at least narrow it down to a few
·         Find a coming home outfit for baby
·         Find a photographer for maternity photos and newborn pictures
·         Wash all of the baby laundry
·         Buy a video camera
·         Buy a car seat, crib mattress, crib bedding, diaper bag,
·         Clean the house – good! (yep entire house! – and yep this will probably never be complete J)
·         Buy all of the baby items we need that we didn’t get from the shower 

No comments:

Post a Comment