Sunday, June 24, 2012

24 1/2 weeks!


June 19, 2012



How far along? 24.5 weeks

Total weight gain: 9 pounds-ish

Maternity clothes? Pretty much all I wear.  So comfy and some of them I even think are cute!  I’m so grateful for ROSS, my sister Tiff who gave me all of her maternity clothes and dresses, and my BFF Angie who leant me all of her dresses.  I finally looked forward to church again rather than dreading it.  What would we do without our family and friends?  Well I’d be home hiding on Sundays ;)

Stretch marks? not yet, fingers crossed

Sleep: its not always easy, but it will be worth it 

Best moment this week: Had our first comment on Saturday from a stranger who asked if this was our first baby and when we are due.  It was exciting to know that I look pregnant to some people now! 
We also celebrated Father’s day.  Nothing big, but I wanted J to know how I feel, that I am the luckiest gal alive to be his baby mama :)  He is going to be the best dad in the world and I love sharing all of these special experiences and firsts with him.  He is my rock and my best friend.  I’m especially grateful for his FULL support in all I do.  He supports how I feel about how I want my labor to go and he even agrees (or plays along like he does).  He has been amazing and so supportive going to our birthing classes taught by my sister and we’ve both learned so much.  But knowing that he is right by my side supporting me in everything means the WORLD to this hormonal gal!  I LOVE YOU J!!!

Miss Anything? How can I complain.  I know I am so so blessed to be experiencing this pregnancy.  I’ve dreamed of this for as long as I’ve lived and my dreams are all coming true.  Wouldn’t trade it for anything. 

 Movement: It’s the BEST!  I love watching and feeling him move all the time.  I love sharing it with J too.  It is crazy how some movements are slow and look gentle while most are quick and very jerky.  

Food cravings: Still loving cheese since I had it at my birthing class. Mmmm it’s so good!  Not really too bad of a craving though, it just sounds delish.  My MIL gave me a huge block of cheese on Father’s day when she heard!   It’s so good, but not good for my hips I’m sure!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, thank GOODNESS!  Well I guess I should take that back.  In our birthing class tonight talking about the IV’s and needles etc made me a little queasy.  I remember when I had my surgery a year ago (WOW, a year ago we were having that surgery praying so hard to have a baby) and I got the IV and was sore and bruised from it for at least a week or 2.

Gender: BoY oh BOY!  

Labor Signs: No

Symptoms: I had to buy Tums this week for the dreaded heartburn.  BOO!     
                                                    

Belly Button in or out? Still very in

Wedding rings on or off? On and Perfect

Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY! Dreams coming true! 

Looking forward to: quitting my job and getting my house clean and in ORDER!!!! 
Misc: Watched a documentary this week called business of being born.  I liked it for the most part and really agreed with a lot of it.  It was great to know that Merri is teaching the same stuff for the most part and isn’t biased but is honest.  It was informative and useful.  I love learning about it all and trying to educate myself and J as much as possible. 

I also got to experience the fun glucose test.  I downed a small bottle of fruit punch stuff (1.5 minutes thank you very much) and then they took my blood to see if I have gestational diabetes.  It wasn’t bad at all!  Tasted like a more sugary Hawaiian Punch and it wasn’t a normal sized water bottle, it was smaller.  However, as I’ve gotten older I’ve had more difficulty with doctors and needles and having blood drawn and I was so proud of myself that they took 3 vials of blood and I didn’t get sick or light headed or anything.  Hallelujah!    Now here’s to hoping that I don’t have diabetes.  That would be no bueno! 

No comments:

Post a Comment