Monday, October 1, 2012

39 weeks


September 30, 2012

How far along? 39 weeks
I feel like my belly has just gotten SO BIG recently!  WOW!  Can  I admit that I LOVE IT!!!  I REALLY LOVE IT!

Total weight gain: 21 lbs
Maternity clothes?  Maternity clothes and lots of big t-shirts
Sleep: I am up until around 3am most nights and then I sleep for anywhere from 30 min to 2 or 3 hours (then I wake up to go to the bathroom and to move around), usually on the couch.  Then when J wakes up for work at 6:30am I come back in to bed and sleep on and off for a few more hours.
Best moment this week:  Hitting the September 29th due date was very exciting!
Also I have felt very close to my hubby recently.  I enjoy every second I can with him and it is fun to see him getting more excited each day. He says the sweetest things to me and it just melts my heart.  I want nothing more than to see him snuggling our little guy. 
Miss Anything?   It doesn’t matter to me at this point.  I know I will miss my big belly and feeling the movements of our little man, I will just try to soak it all up in these last few days.
Movement:
  Big rolls and moves all across my tummy.  I LOVE watching and feeling it with J. 
Food cravings:  Bagel, egg, and sausage sandwiches have tasted so yummy!  But no crazy cravings for anything that I’ve just HAD to have.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  nope.  Still get a sick tummy pretty often no matter what.
Gender:  Let’s hear it for the BOY!
Labor Signs:  I am now dialated to 2 ½ by 2 ½ or Dr. W says a 5.  YIPPEE!  But baby D was still relatively high up.  Last night I had my first painful contraction at 1:30am and I woke up J immediately and started crying.  I was so sure it was time.  I was thrilled and excited and also terrified. It is quite funny to think about but I just started crying immediately.  Otherwise I’m still having contractions, nothing regular and they are not painful, just uncomfortable. 
Belly Button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  HAPPY and so so excited.  Also feeling a bit anxious.
Looking forward to: MEETING OUR BABY!!!  And finishing the nursery.
To do list:  HAVE OUR BABY! J
Misc.:  My bag is packed and we are ready to go!   This week Justin came to my appointment with Dr. Wilson (the first one he’s been able to come to and see Dr.W).  Dr. W checked me and I wasn’t expecting any change but there was some good news, I went from 4cm to 5 or 2 ½ cm by 2 ½ cm.  I thought that was wonderful!   We also talked about options if our little guy decides he doesn’t want to come on his own.  Dr. W didn’t have a strong opinion one way or the other (inducing or waiting) but said that nature can do it better.  I hadn’t even hit 40 weeks yet so I told him I would prefer to wait, hoping and praying that it all happens on its own.   This week I will go back on Wednesday (Oct 3, the due date that I think is most accurate) and then we may need to schedule an induction.  I just hope it doesn’t come to that!  Come on little guy!  We are ready and can’t wait to meet you! 

I’m so excited to see what MY labor story will be.  How will everything work?  I really hope I don’t need a c section, but I just need to remind myself that as long as I have a healthy and happy baby it doesn’t matter. 

I’m also worrying too much about getting my IV.  I KNOW! Isn’t that silly?  Out of everything that is going to happen I’m dwelling on getting an IV??!  Dumb!  But I am.  Thankfully my Nurse Merri reassures me and gives me tips on how to handle it better and what to tell the nurse.  Don’t know what I’d do without her already!  She texts me every night now to check in and make sure I’m not in labor yet.  It is so fun and funny!  

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo for hitting your due date! That is sooooo exciting! I am dying to be out there for this little guy to arrive!!! And you look so beautiful Nat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do look very beautiful!! :) Happy laboring and can't wait to hear the details!

    ReplyDelete