Tuesday, August 21, 2012

33 1/2 weeks


August 20, 2012

How far along? 33.5 weeks (according to Oct 3 due date)


Total weight gain:  about 15 lbs
Maternity clothes?  All I wear!
Movement:  Lots and Lots of big movements and kicks and rolls.  Sometimes the hiccups too/
Food cravings:  Still nothing crazy.  Sure wanted all of the sweet stuff from my shower today and yesterday though! Amazing chocolate chip/chunk cookies, cupcakes, and pretzels with hugs on top…OH YUM!!

Food cravings:  Still nothing crazy.  Sure wanted all of the sweet stuff from my shower today and yesterday though! Amazing chocolate chip/chunk cookies, cupcakes, and pretzels with hugs on top…OH YUM!!

Stretch marks? Tiny ones around my belly button, not bad and totally worth it. 
Sleep:  Challenging.  Grateful for a hubby that doesn’t kick me out of bed when I’m peeing, watching Netflix, or moving to the recliner or couch all night long.  (or groaning as I move and flip over etc)
Best moment this week:  Having the WORLDS BEST baby shower ever!  It was UNBELIEVEABLE!  The details were amazing and everywhere, and it was so perfect for ME!  Amazing food, friends, décor, games, fun, all of it made it one of the best days of my entire life.  I always dreamed of this day but always wondered if it would really ever come.  Then I have these amazing friends who made it a dream come true.  I know this is the best baby shower anyone could ever have attended.  It was SPECTACULAR!  I’m so so spoiled!  But I’m also so so grateful!   (separate baby shower post coming soon!)  My smile in the picture below just shows how over the moon excited I was.  I couldn't contain myself.  My smile is so big and goofy!  I was in heaven!  Don't know how I got so lucky!!!!  And don't I have the most beautiful friends in the world!  Seriously Stunning!

Miss Anything?   Miss having no heartburn 
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Today in church I thought I might pass out from the heat in this tiny room and I had to escape quickly.  Then my tummy was so sick.  YUCK! 
Gender:  Snakes and Snails and puppy dog tails – not our little boy! J
Labor Signs:  Nope
Symptoms:  Heart burn, aching back, some nausea for no reason, lots of nesting,  
Belly Button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  HAPPY! It was a fabulous week.  Starting to get waves of different emotions as we are getting closer to D day.  Anxiety, Excitement, Gratitude, etc…
Looking forward to: Organizing all of the baby things and putting the nursery together! 
To do list: 
·         pick a pediatrician
·         talk to my doctor about my labor and delivery (what if my amazing Dr. isn’t there to deliver my baby?  Will the on call Dr. fully understand my body/situation and help me to have this baby naturally or without a C Section as long as it is safe?  I trust my dr. completely but there is a chance that he may not be able to be there when I deliver – so I want to know what I’m getting into and what support I’ll have) 
·         Decorate the nursery
       Organize the Nursery (sort through clothes, return duplicate gifts, put things away, etc)
       Tour the hospital
·         Take a breastfeeding class (I signed up for it tonight! YAY, I’m excited!)
·         Write my birthing plan
·         Keep practicing breathing exercises (working on it)
·         Go on a baby moon (a vacation before baby comes)
·         Pack my hospital bag (I know I still have some time but it will need to be done eventually)
·         Pick a name or at least narrow it down to a few
·         Find a coming home outfit for baby
·         Find a photographer for maternity photos and newborn pictures
·         Wash all of the baby laundry
·         Buy a video camera
·         Buy a car seat, crib mattress, crib bedding, bookcase for all our children’s books
·         Clean the house – good! (yep entire house!)
·         Buy all of the baby items we need that we didn’t get from the shower
Misc.:  We are really getting close! I wonder will baby come early?  Will he be late?  Will I be ready?  So many feelings!  Most of all love for this little guy and gratitude for this pregnancy!  We know we are so blessed and we don’t want to take one thing for granted.  Every day I stay pregnant and I’m not swollen or sick or in a hospital I’m just so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment